If you are injured on the job in a work accident and the injury prevents you from working, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier has the option of voluntarily paying you disability benefits or denying the claim. In some situations, the workers’ compensation insurer will deny a claim or the employee may never receive any notice from the insurer or his or her employer.

If an injured worker receives a denial from the workers’ compensation insurer then the injured employee can take legal action and file an Employee's Claim for benefits. If the injured worker never hears from or receives any documentation from his or her employer or workers’ compensation insurer, then after the expiration of thirty days from the injury, the employee can file the Employee’s Claim for benefits.

The Form 110 Employee’s Claim is the document that must be prepared and filed with the Department of Industrial Accidents in Massachusetts along with medical or other documentation establishing the causal relationship between the injury and work accident and medical evidence that the employee’s injury renders him disabled and unable to work.  

When the employee files a claim, he or she is taking court action to have a judge force or order the workers’ compensation insurance company to pay disability benefits and medical benefits.  

Have You Been Injured on the Job in Massachusetts?

If you have been injured in a work related accident in Massachusetts and have questions about your rights, please call us at (508) 879-3500 or contact us online to set up a time to speak with our legal team so we can evaluate your case and answer your questions. This meeting is free and might be the best decision you make.

Charles S. Pappas
Connect with me
Massachusetts injury lawyer & workers' compensation attorney serving accident victims in Webster & Framingham.