Premises liability claims are notoriously difficult to win. Proving that a property owner’s negligence was the direct cause of your fall requires an understanding of the law and the ability to gather key pieces of evidence. Because the defendant is often a business run by a large corporation, you will be facing a team of lawyers and insurance adjusters who don’t want to give you a dime. So, yes, if you are injured in a slip and fall, you should talk to an experienced premises liability attorney as soon as possible.
What an Attorney Will Do for Your Case
Winning a premises liability claim requires proving that a hazard on the property caused you to fall, the property owner knew or should have known about the hazard but failed to act, and you suffered significant injuries as a direct result of the fall. Those are tough legal standards to meet, but an experienced slip and fall attorney will:
- Investigate what happened. Your attorney will listen to your version of events, talk to witnesses, and procure video footage (if it exists) to piece together exactly what caused your fall.
- Gather evidence. Pictures of the hazard, eyewitness and expert testimony, surveillance video, and other key pieces of evidence will be gathered to strengthen your claim.
- Get convincing medical evidence. An attorney will advise you on the medical specialists you should see and what kinds of medical tests you should have run, and he will make sure the details of your injuries are presented clearly and convincingly.
- Value your claim. An attorney’s experience in calculating all of your losses related to the accident is essential in getting what you are owed by the property owner’s insurance company.
- Cost you nothing up front. Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay until they win your case. In addition, our attorneys will evaluate your claim and let you know if you have a legitimate claim for damages.
When you schedule a free consultation with the premises liability attorneys at Mahaney & Pappas, we will be honest and straightforward about your claim. If we think we can increase the value of your claim, we will explain how and provide a plan for success. If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall, contact us as soon as possible to discuss a premises liability lawsuit.