Well, I think it’s safe to say that winter is officially here. With the mix of snow, ice, and rain, the Massachusetts highways and roadways are a mess and dangerous. It is reported that there are many traffic delays due to the weather and we all know that the combination of traffic and dangerous winter weather means accidents. Our personal injury law office in Framingham has represented many clients injured in winter weather car crashes that ended with a broken leg or arm, knee injuries, and back injuries that sometimes result in surgery and time out of work. These types of serious injuries can result in astronomical medical bills, serious pain, and lost wages. Most people think this will never happen to them because they are careful drivers, but it’s not yourself you need to worry about… it’s the other drivers out there. So, if you are injured in a car crash caused by someone else during the New England winter weather, keep in mind our tips on what you should do after an accident. Follow these tips to make sure you can pursue the maximum amount of compensation possible for your injuries.
Winter Driving Tips from AAA
- Avoid driving while you’re fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle
Contact Top Personal Injury Attorneys in Framingham Today
Mahaney & Pappas specialize in helping injured people get fair and reasonable financial compensation for injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. We are experienced personal injury attorneys that offer free meetings to those injured to evaluate injury claims. Contact our top personal injury attorneys today if you have been injured in an accident so we can review your case and answer your questions.