Sam was walking in her neighborhood when out of nowhere a car hit her.

Let’s see if you know what you should do you in such a case.

A.    Call 911

B.    Talk to the car’s insurance company; or

C.    Wait at the accident spot till the owner of the car is arrested

If you chose option A, then you are absolutely right! Calling 911 will do two very important things. First it will get you immediate and necessary medical help, and second, it will notify the local police who will rush to the accident scene to document it and get the driver’s and car’s information that you’ll need later on for your personal injury claim.

If you chose option B, then you are in trouble. You are not obligated to talk to the other guy’s insurance company. You can talk to your own to notify them that there has been an accident.

No matter what they say, the other driver’s insurance company just wants to get a statement from you about the accident and your medical condition that they will attempt to use against you to try and protect themselves and their insured. Don’t waste your time on them!

What about option C? As much as you may want the other person to get arrested, getting medical attention first is much more important. The EMTs will treat your injuries, get you to a hospital and document all your injuries that will be used later for your case.

We think we know how to handle a situation, until we are in one. Take the right steps after a car accident. Even if you think your accident was not that big a deal, get in touch with a personal injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer will protect your legal rights, and know how to pursue your injury case to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries.  

Get Legal Help Today

Mahaney & Pappas, LLP has decades of experience representing accident victims in personal injury cases, including pedestrian accidents.  We have taken on the major national insurance companies with great success. Our litigation skills and experience offer accident victims an distinct advantage against the insurance companies. 

To schedule your free case evaluation today, please call us (508) 879-3500 or contact us online. We will help answer your questions and make sure your rights are protected. 

Charles S. Pappas
Connect with me
Massachusetts injury lawyer & workers' compensation attorney serving accident victims in Webster & Framingham.